Get Connected v2
Serving God by Serving Others
You can support our special ministry of service in many ways. Whether you choose to donate your dollars or your time, you are making a difference. We can’t fulfill our mission without you!
Hope Begins Here Monthly Tours
Hope Begins Here program tours are the perfect introduction to our organization! Every tour is informative, inspiring, and a one-of-a-kind experience created just for you.
*Tours are the first Wednesday of every month and begin at 11 a.m. CST.
For more information contact Tricia Jowell at Tricia.Jowell@voanorthla.org
When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, volunteering meant stepping forward to commit yourself to a cause. Individuals pledged their whole lives—their hearts, spirits and professional careers to help people in need. Today, our staff of paid professionals adopts this same ideal of service. Yet, we cannot be successful without our dedicated volunteers who give their free time and talent to support our most vulnerable neighbors.
If you would like to join our ministry of service, follow these steps:
1. Consider where you would like to volunteer. Look through our List of Volunteer Opportunities or create your own project.
2. Complete our online Volunteer Application form.
3. Review the Volunteer Policy Manual.
4. Complete the Consent to a Background Check online form and pay a $20 background check fee ($10 for students). You can click here to pay your Background Check Fee online. Minors under the age of 18 years do not need to complete a background check form. If you are a minor, a legal guardian will need to sign the Release and Acknowledgement Form.
5. Once the background check is completed, you will be contacted to schedule a time to discuss volunteer placement and begin your onboarding experience.
Whether you’re looking to volunteer as an individual or as a group, we welcome your help and compassion! The volunteer needs are a bit different for each program, so we’ve divided them based your time to give below.
Thank you for whatever service you can give.
For more information about our Volunteer Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 318-221-2669.
Visionaries is a group of engaged young adults committed to helping the needs of vulnerable people in Shreveport-Bossier. We partner with the mission of Volunteers of America North Louisiana to serve Children and Families, Senior Adults, Veterans, and Adults with Disabilities. Visionaries provides high-impact, low time-commitment service opportunities throughout the year because we know all about busy lives.
Nick Oliver – Past Chair