EpiCenter is open to youth and adults of all ages who have recently begun experiencing psychosis or signs and symptoms of psychosis within the last two years.
Volunteers of Ameirca North Louisiana’s EpiCenter provides assessment and treatment of youth and young adults who have recently begun experiencing psychosis in the last two years.
Our skilled treatment team will utilize the most advanced evidence-based models for early intervention and first-episode psychosis treatment. Our clinic provides Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) services for first-episode psychosis that include:
- Psychiatric medication management/primary care
- Individual, group, and family education
- Case management
- Supported employment and education
Our program emphasizes collaborative treatment and decision-making to promote commitment and engagement. The EpiCenter also aims to address the unique needs and individual preferences of each client to enhance the outcome of treatment. Some of these services can be provided in the community and home. Our multi-disciplinary team works with patients and their families in order to determine goals and navigate the path towards long lasting recovery and wellness.
Services can be provided at our clinic. Some services can also be provided in the community and at home.
Patients may be eligible to participate in the EpiCenter program if they are:
- Have been experiencing psychosis for less than 3 years
- Have received a diagnosis of schizophrenia or other psychotic disorder
- Willing to be evaluated and treated by healthcare professionals