The Ballington Center
Families who care for a relative in need of constant supervision face a difficult choice. How do they care for their loved one, while maintaining a full-time job?
The Ballington Center provides activities and medical supervision for adults with physical or mental limitations. Our goals are to improve quality of life, relieve loneliness and avoid institutional care for those in our community.
- Individual plan of care developed with staff and reviewed regularly
- Nurse on site to administer medicine, monitor glucose, check vital signs
- Exercise and games
- Arts & crafts
- Daily devotional
- Two meals and a snack
- Referral to other social services
- Transportation to and from the center
- Adults 18 and older, who are physically or mentally challenged
- Be ambulatory or able to be transported with minimum assistance if using a wheelchair
- Be sufficiently aware of surroundings
- Able to follow directions
- Able to feed themselves
- Scheduled attendance
- Urinary incontinence is accepted if it can be controlled
For more information or to schedule a tour of the center, call 318-212-1703. The center is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cost is a daily rate based on the client’s level of independence. Medicaid or long-term care insurance might cover the cost if the client qualifies.