Community Mental Health Services
Mental illness or emotional/behavioral problems do not have to limit your opportunities for work, school performance or relationships. We at Volunteers of America believe everyone can find success – as long as they have the right support.
Services including counseling and group sessions are available for both children and adults. Volunteers of America has worked in the field of mental health for more than 15 years, with housing and a day program. We now offer community-based mental health services to assist clients and others at school, home or whatever setting makes them feel most comfortable.
Who is eligible?
Adults with serious and persistent serious mental illness or adults in crisis.
Youth with serious emotional/behavioral problems or youth in crisis.
What services are available?
Outpatient services at home and community-based settings. They include:
- Independent living training
- Illness management training
- Medication therapy
- Crisis management and support
What are the benefits?
- Professional, experienced staff including a psychiatrist, counselor and social worker
- Reduced symptoms
- Custom tailored treatment plans
- Continual assessment of progress
- Improved health and quality of life
- Improved behavior at home and school
- Fewer hospital or inpatient admissions
Steps to service:
- Contact us directly
- Treatment planning
How much do the services cost?
If you are eligible, Louisiana Medicaid will pay the agency you choose for the services you receive.
How do I contact Volunteers of America Behavioral Health program?
Phone: (318) 227-3092
Address: 856 Texas Street, Shreveport La 71101