We have sessions at all three community sites and two of our school-based sites, and they could use anyone from teenagers willing to read with children a couple times a week to people willing to lead a craft or sponsor a one-time outing.
Here are a few of the suggestions from our team. If you are interested, please contact Carolyn Hammond at Carolyn.email@example.com.
For the Travis St. location:
- Reading Partners
- Basic Sewing Lesson
- Drama Lessons
- Yoga or Zumba Lessons
- Soccer, baseball or tennis basic skills clinic
- Ice Cream social (preferably on July 3)
- Etiquette Workshop for Girls and Boys
- Arts and Crafts
- Game Day (come play your favorite game with our youth)
- Sponsor a movie or skating trip
For the school-based sites (Westwood Elementary and Booker T Washington Middle School):
- A water day – sponsor one of the inflatable water slides or host a sno cone/ice cream party.
- Sponsor lunch for middle school students at BTW (they make their own lunch for the last two weeks of the program), or you could teach the kids how to cook